Why Penetration Testing?

Cyber-attacks are in rise due to new vulnerabilities are found every day. Cyber security stats show that most of the breaches where from exploitation of vulnerabilities that were unpatched and unattended.

The best way to keep hackers away from your infrastructure is by strengthening control effectiveness through verifying the ability of Penetration testing this will help to,

  • Get a validation or a verification of the current IT security posture.
  • Check whether effective controls are in place.
  • Review the strength of the available controls.
  • Find out whether and intruder/attackers can penetrate through the security of the system.
  • Determining how a security breach can affect the system’s sensitive data.
  • Identifying the risks and addressing them

What is Penetration Testing?

Penetration testing is exploiting vulnerabilities to evaluate the security of the organizations IT infrastructure and systems.  Pen testers exploit different vulnerabilities and try to gain unauthorized access to the systems and data. They use different tools and techniques for finding and exploiting vulnerabilities.

A pen test is typically performed in three forms,

  • White box – The pen tester is provided with all the information on the target. This is mostly done by internally for internal audits on the systems.
  • Gray box – The pen tester has a limited knowledge on the system. A person who has some knowledge of a target, but not all of it.
  • Black box – The pen tester has only little or no knowledge of the target. This is like an actual attack where the attack has a low level of knowledge of the target.

PT Services Provide by CyberLabs

We help you to identify and address cybersecurity risks via Penetration Testing Services.

We simulate attacks against your systems and network infrastructure to verify exploitable vulnerabilities and help to build the right defense strategies.

Our Pen testing is carried out in a step-by-step process,

  1. Foot printing – Gaining information on the target prior to performing the attack. This include internet searches and other kind of sources where information can be gathered.
  2. Scanning – Scanning is used to discover weaknesses that the attacker can get into the system. Such the closed/opening ports, networks available, OS details and many more that are useful.
  3. Enumeration – in this phrase more active connection to the system to perform more aggressive information gathering. This means using brute force, exploiting SNMP, obtaining information through default passwords etc.
  4. System Hacking – this the phase of gaining access to the system. This may include password cracking, man in the middle attack, rainbow attack.
  5. Escalation of privilege – elevate privileges of user accounts to gain the super accounts.
  6. Data Extraction and POC – extraction of sample data and database dumps, sensitive information, and credentials.
  1. Reporting – An executive summary and a detailed report explaining each issue identified, step by step. Remediation support and Advice.

All the Vulnerabilities are not detected by using automated software tools. Hence, our pen testers follow an 80:20 approach where they use 80% of a manually approach to test the system and the other 20% of the testing is done using industry level automated tools.